Thursday, March 21, 2019

Daisy Jones & The Six




40597810



I have mixed feelings about this book.

On the one hand I did enjoy it. I liked reading about the 70's rock and roll atmosphere and the rise and fall of the band, but I could not connect with any of the characters and most of them annoyed the hell out of me. Plus you could see the break up coming a mile away and when it finally did happen, my only thought was: "That's it?"

For me the large cast of characters was really confusing at times. Obviously you know who the band is and Camila, but with the extra people thrown in it's hard to keep track. They appear throughout different areas of the book, and I would have to go back to figure out who they were again.

As others have said this would have worked much better as an audio book because of it's documentary style. I'm glad I read this, but it didn't blow me away like the majority of people it seems to have. I'm certainly glad I did not buy this; I would not read this again. 

3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment